How Do I?

No, not unless there is a deed change or a change in marital status. Contact the Tax Assessor’s office.

Yes. If the business is located inside the city limits, a license will be issued by the city. If the business is outside of the city limits and inside the county, the county Tax Collector will issue your license.

The special or over 65 exemption is for homeowners who became dis-able or turned 65 years old during the prior year.  It exempts the first 75,000 of true value from taxation.  Contact the Tax Assessor’s office for more detail information.

Visit the Tax Assessor’s office between January 2 and April 1.

Contact the Circuit Clerk’s office.

911 addresses are assigned through the Kemper County Emergency Management Office, which can be reached at 601-527-2393  It is helpful to know your nearest street’s name and your nearest neighbors.

The Circuit Clerk’s office issues marriage licenses.  You must bring a blood test receipt dated within the last 30 days, a picture id, and if you are under 21, you must obtain your parent’s signature on the registration form.

Visit for detailed information regarding applying for a passport and international travel. Where you apply for a passport depends on when you need your U.S. passport. Go to the Where to Apply page at to determine where you apply based on when the passport is needed.

Contact the Chancery Clerk’s office.

Contact the Tax Assessor‘s office.

Contact the Circuit Clerk’s Office.

The minimum voting age is 18.  You must register at least 30 days prior to any election to be entitled to vote in that election.  In order to register, visit the Circuit Clerk’s office.  It is helpful to know your 911 address and social security number.

Car tags can be renewed at the Tax Collector’s office.

You can request a ballot up to 45 days in advance through the mail, or you can visit the Circuit Clerk’s office.

Contact the Circuit Clerk’s office.

 You need to come to the Tax Assessor‘s office and sign a “Request to Delete Homestead” form.

April 1st of the year AFTER you move into your home

Yes. You may also be eligible for a credit against future taxes. If the tag has not expired, take the tag and your original receipt to the Tax Collector for a credit voucher.

Land deeds are filed in the Chancery Clerk’s office.

Car and truck tags are issued by the Tax Collector. You have 7 working days from the date of purchase to register your vehicle. New residents moving from another state have 30 days to obtain a new plate.  It is helpful to bring your automobile registration and/or title.  New residents from another county in Mississippi can wait until their next renewal to change plates. Tags are usually valid for a period of one year from the date they are issued.

Contact the Chancery Clerk’s Office.

Contact the Circuit Clerk’s office.

Call the Circuit Clerk’s office at (601) 743-2224

The courthouse is located at:

123 Main Ave
De Kalb, MS 39328


Contact the Board of Supervisors’ office for assistance in determining the district you live in and its Supervisor.